Toyota's Maintenance Journey - Zero Breakdown Management with the 3 Pillars of Maintenance. Presented by Toyota and UE Systems. Toyota is this year's featured OEM and will share their philosophy and practices that make Toyota a world leader and standard-setter.
Toyota supported the 2017 Maintenance Symposium by leading a panel discussion on Generations in the Workplace.
How does Toyota establish a foundation of working safely, developing workers, and achieving Zero Breakdown Management?
• Understand how, to go beyond safety and health compliance requirements, Toyota built safe and healthy working into their organization and processes.
• Become familiar with Toyota's approach to building a talented workforce.
• Hear Toyota's ideas about how moving toward zero breakdowns multiplies manufacturing capacity.
What does Toyota have in place to prevent, predict, and act on maintenance?
• Learn how applying Kaizen leads to more reliable manufacturing.
• Find out what it takes to find and repair equipment ahead of breakdown.
• Gain insight into the procedures and activities for acting quickly when issues do arise.
How does Toyota use the prevent-predict-act framework to manage the quest for high operational efficiency and continuously improve their
• Develop ideas for training your maintenance teams to learn and apply Kaizen every day.
• Learn methods to help your maintenance teams take ownership of manufacturing processes and apply predictive maintenance methods.
• Acquire an understanding of using the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology in repair processes and managing the components of effective repair.
Advancing the profession. The president of the Alabama Chapter for the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) will be the lunch keynote. We'll learn how SMRP is helping maintenance and reliability professionals keep their skills current, how SMRP is advancing the discipline, and how you can get involved.
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM (Rast Room): Opening
• Welcome from Alabama Automotive Manufacturing Association - Mr. Ron Davis, President AAMA
• Welcome from The University of Alabama - Dr. Leroy Hurt, PMP, Associate Dean, College of Continuing Studies
8:45 AM - 9:45 AM (Rast Room): Toyota's Maintenance Journey - Zero Breakdown Management with the 3 Pillars of Maintenance - Presented by: Toyota and UE Systems, Mr. Scott Russo, Maintenance & AR Engineering Manager, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc.
9:45 AM - 10:15 AM (Rast Room): Vendor break
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM: Breakouts
• Breakout 1 (Rast Room): Build Your Maintenance/Reliability Business Case - Mr. Stan Moore, Emerson Automation Solutions and Chair of Alabama chapter of Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
• Breakout 2 (Lackey Room): Lockout: OSHA Minor Servicing Exception and Keys to Success – Ms. Jean Wisdom, Safety Consultant, UA SafeState
11:00 AM - 11:05 AM: Return to Rast Room
11:05 AM - 11:55 AM (Rast Room): Turning Maintenance/Reliability Principles into Real World Practice - Mr. Andrew Norman, Norman and Associates, LLC
11:55 AM - 12:00 PM: Move to lunch at Hotel Capstone
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (Hotel Capstone): Lunch and Keynote - Mr. Stan Moore, Emerson Automation Solutions and Chair of Alabama chapter of Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
1:00 PM - 1:10 PM: Move to Bryant Conference Center
1:10 PM - 2:00 PM (Rast Room): Building the Maintenance/Reliability Workforce - Mr. Jeff Lynn, Vice Chancellor Workforce and Economic Development, Alabama Community College System
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM (Rast Room): Vendor break
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM (Rast Room): Building the Maintenance/Reliability Workforce – Panel
Discussion, Moderator – Mr. Ron Davis, President AAMA
• Mr. Jeff Lynn, Vice Chancellor Workforce and Economic Development, Alabama Community College System
• Mr. Scott Russo, Maintenance & AR Engineering Manager, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc.
• Ms. Beverly Hilderbrand, Former Director CARCAM at Gadsden State College
• Mr. Wade Smith, Human Resources Group Leader, Mercedes Benz US International
• Mr. Scott Haywood, Technical Specialist Training and Development, Honda
• Mr. Joe Hendrix, Training Area Leader, KAMTEK, INC.
4:00 PM Wrap-up and Prize Drawing (must be present to win)