The Alabama Community College Leadership Academy
Academic graduate credit (3 to 6 hours) options are available for participants enrolled
in the Academy. Participants who wish to earn academic graduate credit must complete
the graduate school application process and enroll for credit before the beginning
of the program on July 27, 2015. This year’s credit option includes:
- AHE 625 Community College Leadership. (Fall) Three hours. Course description: this
course provides an overview of issues pertaining to leadership in American community
- AHE 602 Problems in Higher Education: The Alabama Community College Leadership Academy.
(Spring) Three hours. Course description: an introduction to the scholarly literature
on community colleges and current trends and issues facing community college leaders.
This course complements the Alabama Community College Leadership Academy workshops.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) CREDIT
Participants completing The Academy will receive 6.4 CEUs documenting that 64 hours
of training have been earned. [Note: The CEU (non-credit) has been designated to recognize
the efforts made by individuals in approved continuing education programs. One CEU
is equivalent to 10 sixty-minute contact hours of instruction.]
THE ACADEMY GRADUATION CRITERIA
- Attend and complete all five blocks (12 days) of required classes (64 hours). Attendance
verification forms will serve as documentation.
- Complete all work as assigned.
- Be present for all class activities. For a documented emergency, a participant can
miss up to 1 & 1/2 days (nine hours) of the scheduled 12-day (64 hour) program and