Alabama Community College Leadership Academy Academic Credit
Academic graduate credit (3 to 6 hours) options are available for participants enrolled
in the Academy. Participants who wish to earn academic graduate credit must complete
the graduate school application process and enroll for credit before the beginning
of the program on July 26, 2016. This year’s credit option includes:
- AHE 510 The Community and Junior College. (Fall) Three hours. Course description:
An overview of the development, format, issues, and purposes of the contemporary community
and junior college.
- AHE 625 Community College Leadership. (Spring) Three hours. Course description: this
course provides an overview of issues pertaining to leadership in American community
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) CREDIT
Participants completing The Academy will receive 6.4 CEUs documenting that 64 hours
of training have been earned. [Note: The CEU (non-credit) has been designated to recognize
the efforts made by individuals in approved continuing education programs. One CEU
is equivalent to 10 sixty-minute contact hours of instruction.]
THE ACADEMY GRADUATION CRITERIA
- Attend and complete all five blocks (12 days) of required classes (64 hours). Attendance
verification forms will serve as documentation.
- Complete all work as assigned.
- Be present for all class activities. For a documented emergency, a participant can
miss up to 1 & 1/2 days (nine hours) of the scheduled 12-day (64 hour) program and