The Alabama Community College Leadership Academy
Academic graduate credit (3 to 6 hours) options are available for participants enrolled in the Academy. Participants who wish to earn academic graduate credit must complete the graduate school application process and enroll for credit before the beginning of the program on July 27, 2015. This year’s credit option includes:
- AHE 625 Community College Leadership. (Fall) Three hours. Course description: this course provides an overview of issues pertaining to leadership in American community colleges.
- AHE 602 Problems in Higher Education: The Alabama Community College Leadership Academy. (Spring) Three hours. Course description: an introduction to the scholarly literature on community colleges and current trends and issues facing community college leaders. This course complements the Alabama Community College Leadership Academy workshops.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) CREDIT
Participants completing The Academy will receive 6.4 CEUs documenting that 64 hours of training have been earned. [Note: The CEU (non-credit) has been designated to recognize the efforts made by individuals in approved continuing education programs. One CEU is equivalent to 10 sixty-minute contact hours of instruction.]
THE ACADEMY GRADUATION CRITERIA
- Attend and complete all five blocks (12 days) of required classes (64 hours). Attendance verification forms will serve as documentation.
- Complete all work as assigned.
- Be present for all class activities. For a documented emergency, a participant can miss up to 1 & 1/2 days (nine hours) of the scheduled 12-day (64 hour) program and still graduate.