Leadership U at The University of Alabama
2017-18 Information Coming Soon!
What is the best way for The University of Alabama to prepare for the future? We believe
it comes from investing in leaders. Leadership U prepares faculty and professional
staff leaders to face the challenges and opportunities of today – and tomorrow.
Leadership U reflects the values of the Capstone Competencies, which are:
- Collaboration/building relationships
- Self Development
- Student/Customer Focused
Leadership U Curriculum
In the spirit of these values, the Leadership U curriculum seeks to
- Broaden participants' perspectives on how the vision and mission of the University
- Enhance participants' capacity for collaboration and relationship building
- Strengthen practical skills essential to effective leadership
- Sensitize participants to the influence of culture in the academic setting
- Encourage participants to think critically about higher education and UA in a dynamic