What is the best way for the University of Alabama to prepare for the future? We believe
it comes from investing in leaders.
Leadership U prepares faculty and professional staff leaders to face the challenges and opportunities of today – and tomorrow.
Leadership U reflects the values of the Capstone Competencies, which are
• Collaboration/building relationships
• Self Development
• Student/Customer Focused
In the spirit of these values, the Leadership U curriculum seeks to:
• Broaden participants' perspectives on how the vision and mission of the University is realized
• Enhance participants' capacity for collaboration and relationship building
• Strengthen practical skills essential to effective leadership
• Sensitize participants to the influence of culture in the academic setting
• Encourage participants to think critically about higher education and UA in a dynamic environment
|Orientation||January 15, 2015|
|Session 1--Mission and Vision
||March 30-31, 2015|
|Session 2--People and Relationships
||September 21-22, 2015|
|Session 3--Resources and Infrastructure
||April 4-5, 2016|
|Session 4--Thriving in the Learning Community||September 12-13, 2016|
Note: To gain the most from Leadership University, participants are expected to attend all sessions. Each of the 4 UA-specific sessions is designed as a unique blend of session themes, guest speakers and participant interactions, not easily made up. A submitted application is interpreted as a commitment to full participation in all courses. Session dates are provided so applicants can check for conflicts prior to applying.