2015 Alabama Mineral Institute
About the Program
We are in the final stages of planning the 2015 Alabama Mineral Institute which will be held September 1-2 at the Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Anyone interested in mining, geology, water policy, mine construction and regulation, health and environmental issues, coal bed methane and related subjects should participate.
Professional engineers and geologists will be able to use the Institute for their Professional Development Hours (PDH) requirement. Full participation in the 2-day meeting will constitute 15 PDH credits.
Four technical sessions are planned:
- Mining Regulatory Issues
- Mine Health and Safety
- New/Advanced Mining Technology
- Coalbed Methane Geology
- Structural Geology of Alabama and the Black Warrior Coal Basin
- Depositional Geological Feature
- New Technologies in Geology
- Legislative and Regulatory Issue
- National and International Developments
- New Coalbed Methane Gas Fields in Alabama
- Production Updates
- Economic Impact on Alabama
- Minerals Processing
- Environmental Regulations
- Legislative and Regulatory Issues
- New/Updated Technology
- The Alabama Water Agencies Working Group's Report
- Water as a strategic resource
- Tri-state water wars
- Interbasin Transfers of Water
- Instream Flow Policy
If you are interested in making a presentation or would like to suggest a speaker
and/or topic, please contact
Judy Hand: email@example.com or telephone 205-348-0073.
Attendance is limited, so please consider an early commitment.