Cyberforce Security: Risk and Mitigation
The one-day course will provide a basic-level of understanding of cybersecurity, risks, and related issues for C-level executives so that they may address their responsibilities. The course consists of three topics:
- Introduction to cyber security, including definitions and the technical foundation of why systems cannot be made completely secure
- Introduction to historical and current threats, including an analysis of weapons, actors and motivations spread across cybercrime, cyberespionage and cyberwarfare.
- Risk management which addresses corporate cyber responsibility and risk, including assessing cyber value and risk, and quantifying that risk so it can be managed.
- Cyber risk mitigation should be part of the broader risk mitigation framework of a business
- Cyber problems should not be the province of the IT department, but should be raised to the CEO, board, and operating officer level
- Technology, processes and people form a basic foundation for cyber mitigation
- The mitigation plan must include full knowledge of what is running on one's system and who has access to what
- Emphasis on third-party access to systems
- Baseline protections in place
- Plans for responding to cyber breaches
This course is offered by :