Dixie's Great War: World War I and the American South
October 6, 2017
"Dixie's Great War: World War I and the American South" is a one-day symposium to be held Friday, October 6, 2017, at the Ferguson Center Great Hall on The University of Alabama campus in Tuscaloosa, AL.
About the Symposium:
Across four sessions, the program will feature internationally renowned scholars of the First World War from around the country. Panels will focus on the war’s political, social and cultural impact on the South in general as well as Alabama in particular.
The symposium is free and open to the public, though registration is required. A reception will follow the closing of the last session, and books by the participating scholars will be available for purchase.
Cohosted by: Prof. John Giggie and Prof. Andrew Huebner
- Summersell Center for the Study of the South
- The University of Alabama Department of History
- The University of Alabama Office of the President and Vice-President for Research and Economic Development
- Dean Robert Olin and the The University of Alabama College of Arts and Sciences
- The University of Alabama Graduate School
- Bankhead Foundation
- Summersell Chair in Southern History
- The University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies