Leadership U at The University of Alabama
Leadership U is happy to announce the 2017-2018 cohort. Read the announcement from the UA News Center.
Interested in Leadership U?
Nominations are made each year by deans and vice presidents. Participants are selected by the Office of Academic Affairs. Please communicate your interest with your supervisor so they can consider nominating you.
About Leadership U
What is the best way for The University of Alabama to prepare for the future? We believe it comes from investing in leaders. Leadership U prepares faculty and professional staff leaders to face the challenges and opportunities of today – and tomorrow.
Leadership U reflects the values of the Capstone Competencies, which are:
- Collaboration/building relationships
- Self Development
- Student/Customer Focused
Leadership U Curriculum
In the spirit of these values, the Leadership U curriculum seeks to
- Broaden participants' perspectives on how the vision and mission of the University is realized
- Enhance participants' capacity for collaboration and relationship building
- Strengthen practical skills essential to effective leadership
- Sensitize participants to the influence of culture in the academic setting
- Encourage participants to think critically about higher education and UA in a dynamic environment