The University of Alabama Literacy Leadership Conference
August 28, 2018 l 9:00 am - 3:45 pm l Bryant Conference Center
The University of Alabama Belser-Parton Literacy Center, Superintendents' Academy, and College of Education are hosting a literacy leadership conference. This conference is designed to meet the needs of school superintendents, principals, assistant principals, central office personnel, instructional specialists/reading coaches, and other school leaders seeking to improve literacy achievement in their schools.
The Conference will include a variety of sessions and speakers including researchers from the Regional Education Laboratory at the Florida State University, The University of Alabama, Alabama State Department of Education, and the Alabama Department of Early Childhood.
What to Expect?
The conference will include three keynote speakers with breakout session workshops including research updates, research to practice presentations, and conversations with successful practitioners on topics related to the following:
- Early Childhood Education
- Organizing for school wide literacy achievement
- Neuroscience, brain development and learning
- Reading intervention
- Summer reading programs for boosting achievement
- Writing across the grades and subjects
- ARI initiatives
- Supporting struggling readers including those with dyslexia
- Behavior supports at the classroom and school level for improved literacy achievement
The early bird registration fee is $35.00 (lunch provided). After August 15, the registration fee will increase to $50.00.