The Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning (CELL) team can assist in obtaining continuing education units (CEUs) for programs.
Timelines, requirements and application fees will vary by each governing body. Applications for CEUs need to be submitted 30-90 days before the program starts. The CELL staff will submit this application and communicate the timeline to the applying organization or group. For participants to receive CEUs, CELL must manage program registration. The fees will cover CEU application, registration and management by the CELL team.
In order to submit a CEU application, the CELL team will need the following information:
- Full program agenda with session times, titles and assigned speakers.
- Speaker bios and credentials/resume or vitae.
- Description of each session.
- Three learning objectives and outcomes for each session.
CELL can help secure approvals for the following:
- Alabama State Department of Education’s Office of Professional Development and Learning (PowerSchool)
- Alabama Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Alabama Board of Nursing
- Alabama State Bar (continuing legal education)
- Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy
- Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy
- Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners
- American Psychological Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Continuing Medical Education
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
To learn more or request assistance with CEU program support, please contact the CELL team at firstname.lastname@example.org.