Scholarships for the Alabama Autism Conference
About the Scholarships
Scholarships are available through the Autism Society of Alabama (ASA). Scholarships cover registration fees only. Applications are given priority based on membership status in the Autism Society of Alabama, date of receipt, and previous scholarship award. The ASA will register scholarship award recipients.
The Alabama Autism Providers Network has contributed funds to support students/trainees who wish to attend and participate in the 2019 Alabama Autism Conference. Please contact Vikki Chavis at email@example.com with any requests or questions.
Consumer Involvement Fund
The Consumer Involvement Fund (CIF) is a reimbursement program that provides partial funding for individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, or their guardians to attend professional and informational conferences, legislative advocacy skills training events, public forums, hearings, and other similar activities.
AAPN Emerging Leaders Award
Emerging Leaders in Autism
The Alabama Providers Network (AAPN) is requesting applications for future leaders
in ASD research, service, and/or education in Alabama to attend the Alabama Autism
Awardees will be paired with a leadership mentor throughout the conference.
Application deadline: Friday, February 15, at Noon.
Notification of Award: Monday, February 18.
Emerging Youth Leader Award
This award supports a high school student and one adult to attend the conference.
Emerging Leader Award
This award supports an undergraduate student to attend the conference.
1. Personal statement- In 2 pages or less, please discuss:
- Your interest in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- What your current or past involvement has been in the ASD community?
- What are your goals for being a future leader in ASD?
- What do you see as the current strengths within the ASD community in Alabama? What barriers or challenges do you hope to improve through your leadership in our state?
2. Letter of support from a teacher/instructor/mentor familiar with your leadership skills
- The letter should discuss the student's potential for leadership in ASD research, service, and/or education in our state.