2021 Conference Scholarship info coming soon!
About the Scholarships
Scholarships are available through the Autism Society of Alabama (ASA). Scholarships cover registration fees only. Applications are given priority based on membership status in the Autism Society of Alabama, date of receipt, and previous scholarship award. The ASA will register scholarship award recipients.
The Alabama Autism Providers Network has contributed funds to support students/trainees who wish to attend and participate in the 2021 Alabama Autism Conference. Please contact Ella Magerl at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or questions.
Consumer Involvement Fund
The Consumer Involvement Fund (CIF) is a reimbursement program that provides partial funding for individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, or their guardians to attend professional and informational conferences, legislative advocacy skills training events, public forums, hearings, and other similar activities.
AAPN Emerging Leaders Award – Emerging Leaders in Autism
The Alabama Providers Network (AAPN) is requesting applications for future leaders in ASD research, service, and/or education in Alabama to attend the Alabama Autism Conference.
The Emerging Youth Leader Award has 2 categories:
- Supports a high school student and one adult to attend the conference.
- Supports an undergraduate student to attend the conference.
Awardees will be paired with a leadership mentor during the conference.
The application includes:
1. Personal statement– In 2 pages or less, please discuss:
- Your interest in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Your current or past involvement in the ASD community
- Your goals as a future leader in ASD
- What do you see as current strengths with the ASD community in AL? What barriers or challenges do you hope to improve through your leadership in AL?
2. Letter of support from a teacher/instructor/mentor familiar with your leadership skills, including student’s potential for leadership in ASD research, service and/or education in AL.
Application Deadline: TBD
Notification of Award: TBD