This three-day, results-oriented, “roll up your sleeves” workshop will introduce you to the quality-drive philosophies and tools that contribute to enhancing the project team’s participation and productivity. Build a foundation of project management skills from a strategic, organizational, and tactical viewpoint.
Learn more about the Project Management Certificate Program.
- January 26 – 28, 2021 – Zoom Livestream
- April 20 – 22, 2021 – Zoom Livestream
- July 13 – 15, 2021 – Zoom Livestream
Who Should Attend
Project management principles apply to all lines of business whether the work is formally declared a project or is just goal oriented. The workshop is ideal for leaders who want to perform at a high level, consistently producing superior results.
For maximum benefit in the Project Management Certificate Program, we strongly recommend that participants attend the Developing Project Management Skills workshop or an equivalent course prior to attending the Advanced Project Management Skills with Simulation and Building and Sustaining Project Management Best Practices workshops.
What You Will Learn
- Enhance potential for a successful outcome before the project begins by identifying the statement of work, developing requirements, creating the work breakdown structures, defining the skills necessary for the team composition, scheduling a realistic timeline, budgeting and forecasting long before execution of the project begins.
- Develop and monitor a risk management plan through risk identification, mitigation by risk development and measuring the effectiveness of the responses.
- Evaluate progress on identified projects through status reporting, comparing planned versus actual occurrences, measuring and communicating overall performance to key stakeholders.
- Develop the skills necessary for project and resource management: leading and engaging stakeholders, motivating team members, making decisions, and allocating resources.
- Demonstrate ability to control the big picture: performance measurement using Earned Value Management (EVA), Schmidt charting, schedule control, and rolling wave development.
- Understand the project management maturity model, project management methodologies, critical chain schedule development, continuous improvement, Six Sigma concepts, managing multiple projects, and inherited projects.
- Learn how to monitor risk management processes and attitudes towards risk with risk analysis techniques and tools and planned responses.
- Analyze the strategic concept of tailoring best practices to fit organizational culture.
- Focus on project value-adding concepts related to repeatability and consistency, metrics and measurability, correlation and best practices in process improvement.
Unique Workshop Offerings
- The vast experience and expertise of the program instructors
- Online interactive project simulation SimulTrain® software
Roy Brewer, PMP
ROY BREWER’s worldwide experiences in management and training have provided him with a strong approach for defining and delivering desired client results. In addition to certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP), he has over thirty years of practical performance. His project management, information technology, organizational and strong leadership experiences highlight these skills obtained working with a variety of industries.
Steve Griffin, PMP
STEVE GRIFFIN has been active in worldwide project management and business analysis in the national and international communities for over thirty years. His decades of knowledge in project management, procurement, resource management, critical chain project management relations, regulatory oversight, engineering, organizational development, government and legal liaisons, highlight his successful career in project management over a wide range of industries.