In an increasingly competitive business world, organizations are finding it necessary to take on more projects in a means to remain competitive. Selected to direct major initiatives in the organization, skilled project managers impact the bottom line and require the ability to deliver on commitments made to customers. This program gives you the skills necessary to assess the requirements, develop the work in a logical flow, enlist organizational support, and thrive in a high demand workplace. In these workshops, participants will learn and practice the essential skills required to successfully deliver projects. The curriculum which aligns with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) framework, is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of concepts. Upon successful completion of the three workshops, participants will be able to demonstrate, by practical application, the concepts and skills inherent in successful project management environments.
- December 8 – 9, 2020 – Building and Sustaining Best Practices for Project Management
- January 26 – 28, 2021 – Developing Project Management Skills
- February 23 – 25, 2021 – Advanced Project Management with Simulation
- March 23 – 24, 2021 – Building and Sustaining Best Practices for Project Management
- April 20 – 22, 2021 – Developing Project Management Skills
- May 18 – 20, 2021 – Advanced Project Management with Simulation
- June 15 – 16, 2021 – Building and Sustaining Best Practices for Project Management
- July 13 – 15, 2021 – Development Project Management Skills
- August 17 – 19, 2021 – Advanced Project Management with Simulation
- October 12 – 13, 2021 – Building and Sustaining Best Practices for Project Management
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for leaders who want to perform at a high level, consistently producing superior results. It will benefit new project managers as well as longtime project managers and is ideal for capturing Professional Development Units (PDU’s) to maintain Project Management Professional (PMP) certification requirements.
For maximum benefit in this program, we strongly recommend participants attend the Developing Project Management Skills workshop or an equivalent course prior to attending the Advanced Project Management Skills with Simulation and Building and Sustaining Project Management Best Practices workshops.
What You Will Learn
- Enhance potential for a successful outcome before the project begins by identifying the statement of work, developing requirements, creating the work breakdown structures, defining the skills necessary for the team composition, scheduling a realistic timeline, budgeting and forecasting long before execution of the project begins.
- Develop and monitor a risk management plan through risk identification, mitigation by risk development and measuring the effectiveness of the responses.
- Evaluate progress on identified projects through status reporting, comparing planned versus actual occurrences, measuring and communicating overall performance to key stakeholders.
- Develop the skills necessary for project and resource management: leading and engaging stakeholders, motivating team members, making decisions, and allocating resources.
- Demonstrate ability to control the big picture: performance measurement using Earned Value Management (EVA), Schmidt charting, schedule control, and rolling wave development.
- Understand the project management maturity model, project management methodologies, critical chain schedule development, continuous improvement, Six Sigma concepts, managing multiple projects, and inherited projects.
- Learn how to monitor risk management processes and attitudes towards risk with risk analysis techniques and tools and planned responses.
- Analyze the strategic concept of tailoring best practices to fit organizational culture.
- Focus on project value-adding concepts related to repeatability and consistency, metrics and measurability, correlation and best practices in process improvement.
|Session 1||Developing Project Management Skills|
|Session 2||Advanced Project Management Skills with Simulation|
|Session 3||Building and Sustaining Project Management Best Practices
Unique Workshop Offerings
- Program costs include parking, registration, materials, light breakfast, all day beverage break access, and lunch.
- The vast experience and expertise of the program instructors
- Online interactive project simulation SimulTrain® software
Steve Griffin, PMP
STEVE GRIFFIN has been active in worldwide project management and business analysis in the national and international communities for over thirty years. His decades of knowledge in project management, procurement, resource management, critical chain project management relations, regulatory oversight, engineering, organizational development, government and legal liaisons, highlight his successful career in project management over a wide range of industries.